Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whose Tribe Are You Following?


Whose Tribe are you Following?


I have been attending this really awesome conference called Everything Is Energy (www.everythingisenergy.com).  My significant other and I committed to a six day process.  For me, this is just like coming home because I have been working with many of techniques and philosophies for over 25 years to get through to pretty traumatic personal experiences.  My significant other is experiencing a huge breakthrough in his personal development and I am seeing the change within him that is absolutely awesome.
How is it that some people can create amazing things, and others can not?  How many times do you feel overwhelmed with “too much to do” or “I am so tired”.  How do you think people would react is they asked how you were, and you replies “I am filled with peace, joy, and love.”?  

We learn how to approach life by the culture we are raised in.  We make these agreements unconsciously to be a part of the tribe and mimic energies to be accepted by that tribe. In the family unit, look at the various roles members take.  One person may be the helpful, another the troublemaker, another the smart one.  The energy of the family unit created these roles and various family members made unconscious agreements to play a role to be accepted and become a member of that tribe.

Look at where you work, in a social group of friends, or any other tribe at the energies and roles that are created.  

These energies flow like a river.  It may wind around but ultimately the energy is a constant stream that goes from point A to point B sometimes getting log-jammed along the way, but will eventually make it to the final destination.  This is the path of life.

We can either choose a path of martyrdom by going after the goals and dreams others have for us, or we can break out that cycle and go for our own dreams creating our own life of design.

Whose rule is it that we get out of High School, Go to College, Get a job, work 40 hours a week for a salary that someone else says that your worth and count on that 1-2% increase every year and maybe when your 50 you will have a nice house and a nice car.  This is linear thinking.  

I NEVER subscribed to linear thinking.  In my life, I dropped out of high school because I was bored and signed up for a couple of college courses.  Back then if you had less than 12 semester credits in community college, you did not need a high school transcript. I was on the Dean’s list for two consecutive semesters when I won a partial scholarship and that's when they asked for my high school transcripts.  What trouble that was but eventually the school wound up working with the state and gave me a GED by default.  I never finished my degree because I found a good job, that led to other good jobs leaving little time for school.  This was long before the days of the internet and on-line education to accommodate a hectic work schedule with erratic hours.  Today, I have a decorated career and am well respected wherever I land, I am a published author on many articles on the economy, spirituality, and short stories.  I only finished my college degree in May 2011 which was key to healing my own sense of martyrdom.

My financial success has been amazing, but I always wound up losing my money whether it is to bad relationships, identity theft, or some other residual negativity that seemed to be attracted to me.  Why was this trend of making money and just as quickly losing it or having it stolen repeating itself over and over?

I was unconsciously running someone else’s programming from my past.  I had to look deep inside myself using various exercises that were very simple to expel the bad energy.  What was most shocking when I started remembering long repressed words of hate from my childhood where I was shunned at maybe the age of two or three for asking questions “Children should be seen and not heard”.  I remembers teachers calling me a liar in Kindergarten because I was reading a book to the other students and I was "too young to read". I remembered later in life I was having trouble with a subject in school and was told “You will never amount to anything more than flipping burgers at the local Burger King for minimum wage” and we wonder why I used to get physically sick to my stomach if I even smelled Burger King.  I also remember at 19 being married to someone already with a predisposition for physical abuse and a close family member telling him “Don’t ever give her a DIME, she’s not worth it”.  Fortunately, I was smart and the day the man struck me was the day I called the police had him locked up.  Money and the fact "I did not have a dime" did not matter, I filed for divorce just three months later after the wedding and moved in with a friend. 

I still shudder and feel the pain from a lifetime of programming making me buy into an unconscious agreement that I was worthless, therefore I had to put up with other people’s crap and the limitations from this programming.

So how do you clean that kind of programming to succeed?  There are countless exercises and healing techniques called Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT’s).  

They key to recognize the issues of limitations set forth by your Tribe, choose to release them because you can reverse that damage if you choose very quickly and join a different tribe, or create your own like I did where there is peace, love, and joy as the norm.

Join me on Skype (grinwithin) to learn more about your own personal transformation and development to achieve anything you desire.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first thing I read today and man! How inspiring! Thank you

    ReplyDelete